Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Training Partner

I have a new training partner for the bike, Phil! He bought a rode bike earlier this week and we have already rode three or four times on the Cady Way Trail. It is nice to have someone to ride with on a consistent basis. The only draw back is that he wants to ride all the time, but some days I have to run or swim or most importantly, REST! I think that I’m beginning to find a balance with this by doing more brick workouts.

When I first started training to do a triathlon, I had to do a lot of foundation work and build-up my endurance in my new sports. But now that I’m training for my second triathlon, I have started doing more complex and longer workouts.

For example, today I joined the TriManiacs for a coached swim at the Cady Way Pool. The coach sets up the workout and gives you feed back while you swim. Well, the workout that was scheduled today is much more technical and longer than any other swimming workout I have ever done. Overall I believe I swam about 1300 meters in an hour and did about six different drills. I think the most I have ever swam before this was like 1000 meters (maybe). But these longer and more complex workouts already seem to be benefiting me.

Yesterday I did a brick workout where I rode 10 miles with Phil and then ran 3 miles afterwards. I didn’t run the 3 miles at any personal record or anything, but I felt pretty good. I just have to keep up with it.

Only one month to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment