Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It’s Getting Hot in Here

Yesterday, with the temperatures rising into the 90’s, I went on my group ride. I have been trying to adjust for the warmer weather (buying cycling shorts, adding another water cage and water bottle to my bike), but during and after the ride – I was spent. I thought for sure I was going to have to pull over to the side of the road and puke, but luckily, I didn’t. I don’t know what else I can change at this point other than to make one of my water bottles a sports drink. I’ll try this out at my group ride next week but I’ll also pray for cooler weather.

With only ten days until the triathlon, I’m trying to do some last minute preparations. Tonight I’m going to do my first brick work out consisting of cycling and running. I wish I could have started to do these types of workouts a few weeks ago, but with my ankle injury, I was restricted. The brick workouts will also help me prepare for the Muddy Buddy race which is this weekend. The Muddy Buddy is more of a relaxed race, but it will definitely be great training for the triathlon.

Some of the other things on my to-do list include: taking my bike in for a tune-up, practice some transitions and try to do an open water swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment