Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Diagnosis: Good

Today I finally went to the doctor to get my ankle looked at. I was hoping that the doctor would give me the OK to start cycling again and guess what, he did! Luckily (in hopes that the doctor would give the OK) I brought my bike with me so that I can go to the group ride tonight.

Unfortunately, my ankle is still not good enough to run on. I’m really not surprised to hear that though, I was actually kind of expecting it. The doctor said that when I can hop on my left ankle (on the toes, not flat footed) then my ankle is good enough to run on. And it definitely isn’t right now.

The doctor gave me a Thera-Band and some exercises to do to strengthen my ankle. He also had me go get some X-Rays of my ankle, but he sounded pretty confident that he wouldn’t find anything unusual in them. I’m also supposed to continue icing my ankle.

Last weekend Phil and I went on our first whitewater kayaking river trip and it was a lot of fun! If you would like to see some photos from our trip, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment