Thursday, May 28, 2009

Getting Better

Yeah! My ankle is getting better! On Tuesday, my ankle was totally blown up, it was so swollen. After work I purchased an ankle brace which instantly made my ankle feel better. I wore the brace, and continued my NSAID use all day Wednesday, even through my kayaking class. Amazingly, after my kayak class, my ankle felt the best it had since I had the accident; the swelling was down and I could walk normal (with the exception of stairs.) My ankle is starting to get some nice colors to it though.

I’m going to try to do a swim workout today since it has the least impact of the three sports. If all goes well, I’ll try to fit in a few more swim workouts this week. The next step after swimming again is cycling and then running. I don’t want to push too hard because I don’t want to reinjure myself, but at the same time I have less than four weeks until my triathlon – yikes!

I really hope that I can get back in working order soon enough to be able to get some good workouts in before the triathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment