Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rain on My Parade


I was so excited because I was going to go on my first group ride today, but instead it has decided to rain. I guess it's all the better, because I also forgot to bring my helmet with me. Hopefully the weather will be better for next weeks ride. Until then, I'll be at the gym in spin class.

On a positive note, I finally found some private swim lessons!

Phil, my boyfriend, said that I should probably take a swim lesson or two because...well...see the picture above? I know how to swim, but it ain't that pretty. He and I also know how important it is to start with good habits at the beginning, because otherwise you are just reinforcing the bad habits.

First I checked with LA Fitness, since I'm already a member, but the only swim classes they offer are water aerobics.

After that, I didn't really know where to go.

Then yesterday as I was doing some research into the matter, Phil suggested Georgia Tech. It was a big DUH! The aquatics center at GT was used in the 1996 Olympics and since it is a public school, the Campus Recreation Center is open to non-GT affliated people, such as myself.

I really don't think I could ask for a better option. The classes are private, and the instructor will adjust the lessons to your skill level and goals. You can also choose between four sessions or two. To learn more about these classes, click here.

I'm so energized about these classes, I can't wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment