Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wet & Wild Running and Other Updates


The results were finally posted for the ING/Publix Run Wild 5K that was held on March 28th. I finished 9th out of 41 people in my age group with a chip time of 29:40. I'm pretty pleased with these results, but would like to get my time down to a 9 min. mile before my next 5k on May 9th.

If you couldn't tell from the picture, it was really, REALLY wet. But the rain was actually very helpful because it kept me cool throughout the run. The biggest challenge was avoiding the puddles. I also found, that overall, I did pretty well on the hills. I passed most of the people around me on the uphills and was able to catch my breath on the downhills.

In other news. I rode my new bike over to Georgia Tech's Campus Recreation Center and signed up for swim lessons yesterday. It was my first time actually riding my road bike on the road and I have to say, it was kind of scary. I'm not use to the bumpiness and how much faster it is. I think after I get a few more rides in, I'll feel comfortable on the bike.

On a funny note, I had my first semi-bust with clipless peddles. When I had gotten back to the apartment I was unclipping, but I almost always unclip my left foot first and balance on the same foot. For some reason, I decided to unclip my right foot, but my body still went for my left and then BOOM. Well...not really BOOM, but I went down. I emerged mostly unscathed, with the exception of a small scrape on the back of my right leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment